The NQA recently welcomed 13 training providers to the exclusive club of accredited institutions. The training providers received their accreditation certificates at a ceremony held at the NQA House on 12 December 2016.
Handing over the certificates, NQA Council Chairperson Martha Mbombo implored the training providers to comply with all the accreditation requirements and in particular the scope of accreditation which outlines the programmes they are accredited to offer. Mbombo added that the NQA takes its role as the industry regulator very seriously and that that through its Auditing function, the Authority will actively be assessing that teaching and learning is taking place at the appropriate level in all institutions. “This is but one way for the NQA to ensure just one more way that the NQA of ensuring that quality and standards are maintained within the training and education sector”, said Mbombo.
On her part, the Minister of Higher Education, Training and Innovation, Hon. Dr. Itah Kandjii-Murangi congratulated the training providers and encouraged them to strive for excellence and contribute towards transforming building a world-class education and training sector which is globally competitive. Said Kandjii-Murangi: “As educators, we have a critical role to play, which is generating knowledge and skills that contribute towards strengthening priority areas identified as essential for socio-economic development. Fundamentally, there is an explicit expectation on the training and education sector to deliver quality education”.
Following are the training providers that received accreditation certificates on 12 December 2016:
1. Africa Institutional Management Services (AIMS) – Re-accreditation
2. Africa Leadership Institute (ALI) – Re-accreditation
3. Anistemi College and Training Centre - Accreditation
4. Centre for Training Projects Development (CTPD) – Re-accreditation
5. DAPP (Development Aid from People to People) Vocational Training School – Expansion of Scope of Accreditation
6. Institute of Bankers (IOB) – Re-accreditation
7. Kambaku Lodge and Safaris CC - Accreditation
8. Namibia Evangelical Theological Seminary (NETS) – Re-accreditation
9. Namibian Institute of Mining and Technology (NIMT) - Accreditation
10. Rundu Vocatinal Training Centre (RVTC) – Re-accreditation
11. Silver Spoon Hospitality Academy CC - Accreditation
12. Tulipohamba Training and Assessment Institute – Re-accreditation
13. Zambezi Vocational Training Centre (ZVTC) – Re-accreditation